Sunday 6 October 2013

Free yourself from flyaways

To say that I hate flyaway hairs is an understatement. I have a burning resentment towards them because they seem to have ruled my life for a fair amount of time. My hair story is a little long but it's going to be a big part of this blog so not to bore you, I'll try to be as brief as possible. 

It's not something that is common or seems to be discussed between women of my age at least, but I have been experiencing hair loss for around a year. It hasn't taken form as a bald spot, but rather just all over my head. Handfuls would come out several times a day and only naturally, I started to freak out!!! I'm serious when I say that I actually blocked the shower drain entirely because of my hair loss. It's not surprising, that I was a little alarmed to say the least. I had a blood test which confirmed that I had low iron stores and that I was deficient in folic acid, and it's important to say that this can be caused from being on the pill which I have been taking for five years now. I also experienced an increased amount of stress in my second year of uni which I think was a contributing factor. Anyway through a holistic approach including supplements, oils etc my hair has started to grow back and I promise that I will do a seriously in-deapth post on this shortly. I just want to have given it a proper period of time before I start making absolute conclusions. 

Anyway, I wanted a product that would smooth down both my weak, wispy hair and the new shorter hairs coming through. Annoyingly, lot of the frizziness occurs at the front of my crown where the hair is probably most visible. So the product I purchased for this was:

John Freida Full Repair Touch-Up Flyaway Tamer - £10.99 


As you can see it consists of a wand that you brush through your hair to distribute the product. I think this form of application works really well because it spreads the product evenly. In terms of the substance inside the container, it can work well but the trick is NOT to use too much. It can get a little sticky and clump the hair together which obviously we don't want. Although if you wanted to go for a slicked back/down style (apparently the Kardashians' favourite look these days) then this would actually work in your favour. If you just go through the area of the hair once of twice however, I think it really does get rid of flyaways and make your hair look shiny. I also just sort of run my fingers through it to make sure the hair doesn't glue together. Another plus is that is lasts so well! If I put it on in the morning I will still be free of flyaways in the evening. The only thing I wonder is whether it would survive through rain? Maybe someone can tell me. 

The price is quite expensive but you only use a small amount of product at a time so it lasts for a while. I've had mine for three months and I'm not even a quarter of the way through. Also if you think what you would spend on an actual mascara, it's pretty equal! I would certainly reccomend this product, as I think it does exactly what it says on the tin.

Anyway if anyone who is experiencing hair loss at all has any questions or tips please let me know as it's something I'm constantly learning about and needs to be acknowledged more in my opinion. 

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment