Saturday 5 October 2013

Can a blush that costs next to nothing actually do the trick?

I have an all-time favourite blush: Lancome's Magique Blush. I always used to sneak into my mum's make up bag and apply it to my cheeks in a guilty rush - she didn't like me stealing her make up and I was always scared I'd get caught! I loved it because it was so velvety and soft, and the colour was dense but subtle (depending on the shade), if that makes sense? It lasted until the very moment you wiped off your make up which is unusual as I find blushes tend to fade away during the course of the day. It pains me to say Lancome have discontinued it. Please bring this joy back into my life!

Anyway while I wouldn't have minded splashing the cash for this special product, as a student I just don't have the expenses to be paying twenty pounds, give or take, on a blush. On my search for a new blush, I came across:

MUA Blush Perfection Cream Blusher in Bittersweet



I don't love this blush anyway near as much as Lancome's Magique Blush, but I do really, really like it. I like a blush with a blast of colour as sometimes I feel like my face can look dull, and this really brightens it up. This colour certainly has an electricity to it, and it can be a little shocking at first glance! But no need to be intimidated; if you start slowly you can build it up in colour. If you just apply a little to the apple of your cheeks  it comes out as a little pop, but if you want more you can create a serious POP. I think in that case it would look great with a tan and a simple coat of mascara. Simple but dramatic. 

Anyway in terms of the consistency, I like the creaminess of it because it's very light meaning that it's fairly easy to blend. Depending on how much you use, it can either be slightly sheer or more opaque. Rather than the velvety effect of the Lancome blusher, this gives more of a dewiness as it's slightly shiny rather than matte. This may discourage some people, but as someone that uses a matte foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear) it's good to use something that provides a bit of a glow. If you use a BB, CC, DD (the list seems to be expanding!) cream or a light foundation that is more radiant, then it might be better to use a matte, powder blush.



Now I wouldn't say that this product would last all day, but because the colour Bittersweet is quite bright the colour does seem to last. As for the more natural shades I'm not so sure. My best friend has this blush in Blusher Blossom, and she loves it, and I think it also looks really good on her. So it shows that the nude shades are just as good.

To be frank, this blusher is £2.00, and for such a low price there is just no going wrong. My only issue is that I wish they would bring out some more colours, like coral. All-in-all, it may not be Lancome Magique, but it will certainly do the trick for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment