Monday 21 October 2013

The best beauty tool

In my first blog post I wrote about my much adored Dermalogica Dermal Clay Cleanser - the only product to get rid of my little under-the-skin bumps. See here: 

http://ineedtogetmykittogether.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/my-top-three-products.html

I do swear by this product, and I encourage anyone who has acne to give it a shot if they're willing to cash in twenty-something pounds every few months.  As a student however, It's a lot for me to spend so I wanted a product which was a little more cost-effective, which is why I came across:

No 7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Brush - £24.95 (but currently on offer at Boots for £15.00!)


You can see if you look at that blog post ↑ that as soon as I stopped using the Dermalogica my forehead started to break out, so the fact that I've weened myself completely off the cleanser using this facial brush therefore shows you how great it is! 

This product claims to clean the skin extensively removing dirt and unclogging pores. I found out that the reason little bumps were erupting underneath my skin was because my skin was congested, so immediately I was attracted to this product. 

A lot of the reviews I read before purchasing this product (or working the puppy-eyes so my dad would buy it for me!) said that the brush was too harsh on their skin. Luckily this hasn't been a problem for me and I use it twice a day... when I'm not feeling like a lazy bugger. 

Originally when I first got the brush I only used it in conjuction with Dermalogica, but have gradually lessened the use. Now I use it with L'oreal Skin Perfection Purifying Gel wash in the mornings (to refine texture), and Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2 in 1 Wash & Mask in the evenings (with clay to unclog pores). They both cost only a few pounds from any drugstore. 

For me, my skin started to look amazing after around two weeks of use. The reason I love this product is because you can feel the product penetrating the skin, giving it a clean I don't think a bog-standard hand wash could. My face feels incredibly soft and fresh after each use, and for some reason the products I apply afterwards seem to have more effect. 

A lot of women have said that they don't think this product would work for acne, but I would disagree - for mild acne anyway. My face has remained acne-free. It has also reduced my blackheads mahoosively. The pores are much smaller so they are no way near as noticeable. I had some red patches on my forehead from where the skin hadn't completely healed and that has now dissapeared, revealing an even complexion. 

Though twenty five pounds may seem like a lot to pay initially, the great thing is that you don't have to replace it. You only have to replace the heads, which is every few months and only a few pounds if you have one of those five pounds of No 7 vouchers. I've had the product for about two months now and no sign of needing to change the batteries yet either.

Anyway the brush is on offer right now and like I just said, if you have one of those No 7 vouchers you could get five pounds off. Only ten pounds! I personally think that if you purchase it you won't look back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment